My favorite Nightbirde youtube clips
[ The original authors in youtube benefit from you watching the embedded videos.
I will update newer videos at the top of this list — under “0.”]
0. Unfortunately Nightbirde had to stop her AGT participation due to her health issues
1. Her Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer Performance
Not only a perfect flawless performance of her beautiful original song “It’s Ok” with profound lyrics,
but also three remarkable sentences of this cancer warrior before and after her act show her incredible mindset and attitude:
- “It’s important that everyone knows that I am so much more than the bad things that happened to me.” (1m20s)
- “You can’t wait until life isn’t hard any more, before you decide to be happy.” (5m12s)
- “I have a 2% chance of survival, but 2% is not 0%. 2% is something. And I wished people knew, how amazing it is.” (6m40s)
2. The best Reaction Video to her AGT performance in my Opinion by Casza
Some possible interpretation of the lyrics of “It’s OK”
- e.g. to the song lyrics “I wrote a hundred pages, but I burned them all” Casza comments (at 7m10s):
“… because she is not happy with anything she does, because she knows — she feels — that she should do better. She feels that she has a higher standard for herself. And that’s how a lot of people — a lot of people feel like that, you know — they … and it’s not only for rapping and making music. But it is for anything you do in life. That right there goes way deeper than people think. It’s for literally anything you do for life. You do something to your full potential — and … you look at it , you really look at it, and then you’re like … ‘Man that’s not — that’s not my full potential!’ So you’re just trying to get rid of it all — and that is what she is saying: She wrote a hundred pages and she didn’t like a single one of them, because she knows she can do better, so she burned them all … like … yo that is beautiful …”
- and to the lyrics “It’s Ok, it’s Ok, it’s Ok, if you’re lost — we’re all a little lost and it’s all right” Casza comments (at 9m10s):
“… whoa, this shit is beautiful! … honestly, because we all literally don’t know what we want in our life … until … we hit that point — and it is usually (when) we think it’s too late — it’s too late to wanna do this. It’s usually, when you realize what you wanna do in your life, it’s too late (and you think) ‘I can’t do it now.’ — But really … the meaning of this song is like exactly what it is called: ‘It’s Ok’ that it is too late. ‘It’s Ok’ that you just realized what you wanted to do — just go out and do it! Put your heart into it ! Put your soul into it! — This shit is beautiful, bro, like this shit has me tearing up, no lie …”
3. Interview 1 Year before Audition
This interview reveals more of her background story
4. Interview freshly after the AGT Audition was broadcasted
5. Another Interview after Audition
6. NBC4 Interview I
Interview of Kristine Varkony before the ‘actual interview’ with Brad Johanson.
7. NBC4 Interview II
Brad Johanson interviewing Nightbirde, the ‘actual interview’ reveals the meaning of the 7 dots on her right arm and that faith plays an important role in her life.
8. CNN Interview
In his interview she reveals her view that good things and bad things exist in parallel in life and that we should not choose between “good life phase” and “bad life phase” — that we should not put our identity on just one thing in life.
[unfortunately this interview was deleted in youtube]
9. It’s OK — Maple House Session (before AGT Audition)
The longer version of “It’s OK” — very beautiful
10. Brave — Maple House Session (before AGT Audition)
Brave — is another beautiful song by Nightbirde, probably the “I” in this song is God talking to her …